"I often wonder what goes on in that head of yours. Every idea must be like one of those bouncy super balls just ricocheting all over the place."

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

...And It's All Over

I don't really know why I'm publicizing this information, but I will anyway. I was laid off this morning from my job, in addition to about 40% of the company. In the back of my mind, I knew that this was coming. We've been enduring financial difficulties for the past year, and it's just become a dire situation. Our stock is about $0.70 and there doesn't seem to be any funds coming in from anywhere. What I don't understand is why every single Sr. Vice President and Manager was retained. Who's going to do all the work? I guess that I don't really care anymore. For now, I need to focus on finishing up the rest of my applications and have faith that I'll get accepted somewhere. As for my old employer, I really hope that you crash and burn. That's what you deserve for laying off over 100 people in less than 4 years. And for my old CEO, I applaud you for your cowardness. Not only are you a coward but you've also managed to fool the entire board of directors into believing that you're actually doing some kind of work. Kudos to you for the lack of accomplishments you've had in the past 4 years.

1 Comments:

Blogger eddy said...

Sorry to hear the news. As someone who's been laid off twice in the last four years, I know the feeling. But I also know that everything eventually figures itself out and you'll be fine in the long run. Next year when you're sitting pretty in b-school, you can look back at the whole thing and just laugh at the insignificance of it all.

And let's not forget about your severance package and unemployment checks. It's like getting paid to do nothing! =)

3:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home