"I often wonder what goes on in that head of yours. Every idea must be like one of those bouncy super balls just ricocheting all over the place."

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Anything is Possible

It's weird how one's taste can change so quickly. And I mean in all realms of life -- movies, music, books, people, careers, food, etc. As I've been reflecting on the past year of my life, I've realized how much I've changed. A year ago, I was living in Roscoe Village/West Lakeview with Lillian and still working as an engineer. The idea of going back to school was merely just that, an idea. I had just met Law McGraw after a slew of horrible dates with other guys. Flash forward to today and life is completely different. I moved back to the suburbs and temporarily back in with my parents. I'm no longer employed and the idea of grad school is becoming more of a reality every single day. Before I know it, some school with have a $1000 deposit from me and I will have sold my soul to higher education. There have been no horrible dates over the past year. In fact, every date with Law McGraw has only gotten better.

But the biggest change in my life over the past year is my taste for phenylalanine, aka NutraSweet. I used to hate anything that was labeled as "Diet." The aftertaste of the artifical sugar was just unbearable. But nowadays, I find normal sodas just too sweet. In fact, I'll choose Diet Coke over Coke anyday. I've also developed a liking for Fresca, which is solely in diet form. I never thought that it would be possible for me to like artificial sugar, but I guess what they say is true: anything is possible. What's next -- me liking cooked carrots? Or tomato wedges?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home