"I often wonder what goes on in that head of yours. Every idea must be like one of those bouncy super balls just ricocheting all over the place."

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

What's Happened to Her?

I've recently chanced upon some websites that have turned me into June Cleaver. I've decided that I'm going to learn how to knit and crochet. Step by step, I'm turning into my mother. Of course, part of my reasoning behind learning how to knit and crochet comes from the business-y part of me. I've decided that I want to learn how to crochet animals so I can sell them. If I'm such a sucker for cute little beady-eyed creatures, I'm sure that somewhere else in this virtual space, someone else loves them almost as much as I do.

On this site that I found, the girl has been making sushi-shaped beads out of clay and making them into bracelets that cost $30 each. Not that I would ever spend that much money on a bracelet like that, but they are super cute. So I've decided that I would also like to join this world of arts and crafts. If you don't hear from me in a while, it's probably because I've gouged an eye out with a knitting needle.

In other news, I've finished another book for my reading list. I've had "Memoirs of Geisha" on my bookshelf for several years now, and the release of the movie motivated me to pick it up. I really loved the book! Some of the passages where Sayuri was doing her self-reflection was very touching and applicable for my life. I'm slightly motivated to see the movie...when it comes out on DVD. But for now, I'll just add her to my reading list:

1. Freakonomics
2. Memoirs of a Geisha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home