"I often wonder what goes on in that head of yours. Every idea must be like one of those bouncy super balls just ricocheting all over the place."

Friday, July 01, 2005

Wedding Planning = Fun?

Seriously, I think that I must have missed the day in "girl" classes when they taught all of us that if you have to sit down to pee, then you must love weddings and planning them. The other night, my apartment was Wedding Central. Our living room was filled with wedding magazines and books. I didn't even know that there were this many magazines published about the topic. My two roommates and two of their friends were huddled around a 12" powerbook examining the details in digital photos of other people's weddings. In addition to that, there was rampant oohhing and aaahhing over table settings and reception halls. I honestly had to leave the room.

Now, don't get me wrong. I have nothing against marriage. In fact, I have gotten so much better about the whole thing. There were about two years in my life after I broke up with an ex-boyfriend that I never ever wanted to get married. The idea of it was so repulsive and I envisioned myself enjoying the rest of my solitary life. Luckily, all of that has changed, and I've definitely embraced the idea of marriage with slightly wider arms. It probably helps that I have a fabulous boyfriend. But that doesn't mean that I want to sit around and pick out table settings and bridesmaid dresses.

Someone said it best when they told me that girls look forward to getting married while guys look forward to being married. I'm all with the guys on this one. I'm looking forward to the day when I'm married and starting a new life with the man I love, but I'm totally not looking forward to the whole planning process. I honestly don't want to pick flowers or bridesmaid accessories or anything like that.

Does this mean that I should start standing up to pee?

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jody-o,
In its defense, wedding planning is more fun than I thought it would be. On the other hand, my mom & 3 sisters did a large chunk of it. . . I'm still a big fan of short engagements. Why prolong the process? Besides, being married is definitely the more fun part. :-)

10:06 AM

 
Blogger iy said...

i've decided wedding planning is my new part-time job. if the ladies would like help planning let me know. i should warn u and them, i make the bride do most of the picking and choosing. i'm there to make sure all those plans go without a hitch.

8:22 PM

 
Blogger mj said...

hey jody. hmm... interesting blog... how's it going?! see i knew i'll come around you somehow. is it me or do you just leave random comments to lillian and then act like you never write them in your daily conversations?

if you have the time which i bet you do check out my two blogs. well the mariainkorea is the one i just made for fun. check it out!

7:30 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there jodyann, a real useful blog. Can you believe it? When blog surfing for detailed info on wedding planning I ended up on your page. Obviously Wedding Planning = Fun? is not exactly what I was searching for, but your site caught my interest. Just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for wedding planning. Should the need ever arise where you need information on wedding planning then drop by for a look.

8:15 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi jodyann, you have a nice blog. Today I was out blog surfing looking for detailed info on wedding speeches when I found your page. Your site is not an exact match but it did catch my interest. I am going to add you to my favorite list of blogs for future reading and reference. Should you ever need information on wedding speeches then drop by the site above and check it out.

10:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi jodyann, I found your blog informative. While out blog surfing today for specific info on wedding receptions, I ended up on your page. Your Wedding Planning = Fun? shows that I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by. I will bookmark your site for a future visit, and should you ever need it, there is plenty of information on this site about wedding receptions.

6:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi jodyann, I found your blog informative. While out blog surfing today for specific info on wedding cakes, I ended up on your page. Your Wedding Planning = Fun? shows that I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by. I will bookmark your site for a future visit, and should you ever need it, there is plenty of information on this site about wedding cakes.

5:39 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there jodyann, a real useful blog. Can you believe it? When blog surfing for detailed info on wedding dresses I ended up on your page. Obviously Wedding Planning = Fun? is not exactly what I was searching for, but your site caught my interest. Just wanted to drop a quick note to comment your blog...now to move on and continue my search for wedding dresses. Should the need ever arise where you need information on wedding dresses then drop by for a look.

1:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi jodyann, I found your blog informative. While out blog surfing today for specific info on wedding receptions, I ended up on your page. Your Wedding Planning = Fun? shows that I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by. I will bookmark your site for a future visit, and should you ever need it, there is plenty of information on this site about wedding receptions.

6:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi jodyann, I found your blog informative. While out blog surfing today for specific info on wedding planning, I ended up on your page. Your Wedding Planning = Fun? shows that I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I stopped by. I will bookmark your site for a future visit, and should you ever need it, there is plenty of information on this site about wedding planning.

7:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home