"I often wonder what goes on in that head of yours. Every idea must be like one of those bouncy super balls just ricocheting all over the place."

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Eternally Pregnant or Home to a Tapeworm

Is it weird to have weighed the same exact weight for the past decade? Don't get me wrong. My weight fluctuates plus or minus 5 pounds everyday, but it's usually always in the same ballpark. And it's been this weird since I was in high school. The only thing that's weird about that is the fact that I eat like a cow. I seriously need about 6 meals to sustain energy all day. When I don't eat, I start feeling weak and cranky. I'm not a pleasant sight at all. Just ask my co-workers. Some of them have even seem me slumped over at my desk due to hunger pains.

I don't understand the grown men at my company who eat only a Lean Cuisine tv dinner for lunch. Those things are like appetizers to me. There is NO way that something that small could keep me satiated all day. I eat a fairly large lunch everyday and I still find myself snacking throughout the day. My parents and Ben are horrified by the amount of food that I eat when I go home and have dinner with them. I'm pretty certain that Mom and Dad don't think that I ever eat. Mikers and Vivien are also usually fairly horrified by the amount of food that I eat. Whenever I go out with either of them, I'm usually in a state of food coma post-meal. One time, Vivien even felt the desire to tell our waiter at Pizza Metro that I was capable of packing away a lot of food. He just looked blankly at both of us. But I'm pretty sure that Law McGraw can attest most to my eating habits. There have been several occassions where I have fallen into a deep food coma after a meal with him. I'm apparently a barrel of fun and more. Luckily, he's the sweetest guy in the world and he just lets me sleep it all off.

Now, one would think that I would be extremely fat based on my 6 meals a day and my knack for napping post-meal. Fortunately, my metabolism is super good and seems to counter all my meals. We'll see what happens once I've had my first child. So I've come up with my own theories on the situation. (1) I must be eternally pregnant if I need 6 substantial meals to get through the day or (2) I have a tapeworm named Henry who is my other half and actually digests most of my meals. Regardless, most people eat to live, but I seem to live to eat.

2 Comments:

Blogger iy said...

wait i'm confused...what are you counting down to in 90 some days? have i been this out it with all your lives...:(

12:01 AM

 
Blogger iy said...

so when are you 2 tyin the knot?!?!?!?!

12:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home