"I often wonder what goes on in that head of yours. Every idea must be like one of those bouncy super balls just ricocheting all over the place."

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Love Notes from the Heart

I'm not your typical girly girl. I don't like the color pink. My favorite color is blue. I never had a Barbie doll growing up. I played with Legos and beat Ben at Monopoly. I don't like hearts. I'm more of a star kind of girl. I don't expect Prince Charming to come sweep me off my feet. I make my dreams happen myself. I ask guys out. I don't spend hours getting ready and can barely apply eyeliner correctly. I don't like movies like The Wedding Planner and How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days. I take out the garbage, change light bulbs, and even unclog toilets when I have to. I'm an engineer. However, that's not to say that I don't appreciated being treated like a girl.

But can someone explain to me why 3M has decided to send me 2 pads of free post-it notes in the shape of a heart? One of these pads showed up at work and the other at my apartment. These pads include purple, hot pink, and baby pink post-its. Is this their way of trying to get me to embrace my estrogen? Do they send these things to guys?

I've decided that I'm going to slap one of these hot pink hearts on to all of my memos at work. Let's see how the manly engineers like these.

2 Comments:

Blogger lostpancake said...

Manly engineers love heart-shaped Post-It(tm) notes.

3:53 PM

 
Blogger mct said...

You know, I wonder if guys notice when things are marketed to their gender. My prof said that last week, her family bought a pool table. For thirty minutes, the salesman was talking to her husband and sons, explaining whatever it was that made that pool table technically superior. Then he turned to my prof -- who enjoys pool very much -- and said, "So what color would YOU like?"

7:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home