"I often wonder what goes on in that head of yours. Every idea must be like one of those bouncy super balls just ricocheting all over the place."

Sunday, March 13, 2005

This weekend, I was unable to make it downtown to see the St. Patrick's Day parade or to view the dyeing of the Chicago River. Luckily, Law McGraw was able to take some pictures for me and allow me to see it virtually. It was almost as if I was standing on the edge of the Chicago River seeing it in person.

That got me to thinking. What if the advancement of technology will one day stop us from ever going anywhere to see things in person? What if we just experienced everything through our computers and virtual space? All we would have to do was look at some digital images. Scary. I don't think that I ever want it to get to that point. Maybe that's why I still don't have a digital camera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home