"I often wonder what goes on in that head of yours. Every idea must be like one of those bouncy super balls just ricocheting all over the place."

Monday, December 27, 2004

Technically Incompetent

Being an engineer, I always thought that I should be up with technology and the new techie gadgets out there on the market. But as I was browsing through Best Buy the other day, I realized that I might as well be living in 1993. I don't have an iPod or a digital camera. My cell phone doesn't have a color screen or a camera on it. But if you're looking for a phone with the green backlight that drops calls frequently, I'm the proud owner of this baby. My DVD player isn't even mine; it's my roommate's. I have internet access, but there's nothing wireless about it. My Dell laptop is definitely an obsolete model. I don't have any electronic pets and my vacuum cleaner still requires me to push him around.

The only techie toy that I have is a fairly high tech Palm Pilot that my company bought for me. It's got a color screen, Bluetooth technology, MP3 player, and the ability to keep me ontime for any and all meetings that I have. Plus, it keeps me fairly occupied while I'm on layovers in airports.

At lunch today, I brought up my lack of technology to my friend. His line of reasoning had to do with the fact that I was female. But I don't think that's true. A lot of my female friends have all the newest techie toys. I'm not sure why I don't have any of these items yet. Does anyone else think that females are less techy than males?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home