"I often wonder what goes on in that head of yours. Every idea must be like one of those bouncy super balls just ricocheting all over the place."

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Goodbye To You

Things started out so well two years ago. From the moment I saw you, I was in love. It was almost as if we were made for each other. Everyone saw us together and commented on how well we looked together. We just seemed to "fit".

Don't get me wrong. We definitely had our rough moments in the beginning. There were times where you let me down when I depended on you. There were other times that I looked to you to cheer me up, but you didn't follow through. But we managed to work through them.

Through you, I discovered a whole new group of people. I made new friends and rediscovered myself again. You brought joy back to my life after a very rough period. Before long, we were inseparable. I never went anywhere without you, and there were many nights where you just stayed in with me.

But as time went on, something happened. Our love seemed to fade. You were distant and occuppied. There was "static" between us. Other times, you would just drop me in mid-sentence and leave me hanging. I didn't think that anything had changed. In fact, I had moved closer to you and your home base. But something inside of you had changed. You were no longer the same. It was as if you had aged significantly faster than me. All of a sudden, our goals and outlooks weren't the same. I just wanted comfort and dependability. Maybe you thought that I had my eye on some of the other younger and flashier ones, but I didn't. I always loved you with all my heart.

Soon, you grew more and more distant. As you separated yourself from me, I grew frustrated. All I wanted was an explanation. I just wanted to know what had happened. Why had things changed? I hadn't changed. But I never got a reason. You just faded from my life.

Well, as of today, my heart no longer belongs to you. I've given it to someone else. And he is flashier and younger than you are. He can also do so many more things than you ever could. So far, he's held true to his word and has come through on all his promises. Maybe this is the one.

Goodbye to you.

Meet my new love: Sony Ericsson T637 (a.k.a Ernie Ericsson).

2 Comments:

Blogger mct said...

I once had a paddle phone, which was the greatest phone I ever had -- despite its inability to vibrate, its boring green and black colors, and its broken antennae. But I loved it, and every subsequent phone has been a poor attempt to recapture that affection.

8:36 PM

 
Blogger lostpancake said...

Sigh... the good ol' paddle phone. MCT, I, too, miss that phone, and long for it with great affection.

You have never been the same since the day the paddle phone went away.

9:28 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home