"I often wonder what goes on in that head of yours. Every idea must be like one of those bouncy super balls just ricocheting all over the place."

Saturday, June 18, 2005

Blubbering Like a Fool

I don't know what's come over me recently, but I've been succumbed to tears after watching various television commerical and movies. Take for example the commerical that I saw last night. I'm not sure if any of you have seen it, but I'll do my best to describe it.

The commerical is one of many in a series used to advertise the vast line of credit cards that Chase (Manhattan still?) Bank has to offer. In one commercial, it shows a man as he evolves through significant stages of his life and the various rewards cards that he uses to pay for things. This one didn't make me cry as much as it just gave me this warm tingly feeling in my stomach. The idea of meeting someone, falling in love, and spending a lifetime together just warmed my stomach and made me feel incredibly happy and lucky.

But the one that really gets to me is the Chase commercial where it shows a father and a daughter preparing for a wedding. As the daughter is trying on her wedding dress in the store, you see dad holding his credit card and watching his beautiful daughter. The commercial goes on to show all the other preparations involved in the wedding -- the decorations, the walk down the aisle, the first dance, etc. Interspersed with all these scenes are flash back scenes of the father and the daughter involved in almost the exact actions. I realize that this is not the most descriptive blurb, but you would recognize what I was talking about if you saw it.

Anyway, I think that I blubber when I see this commercial because it makes me think of the relationship that I have with my dad. I've always been Daddy's Little Girl. Whether it was trips to museums or ball parks, family vacations across the US, or just hours spent watching basketball games on tv, there wasn't anything that my dad and I didn't enjoy together. As I think about my own future wedding date, it brings tears to my eyes to think that I'll be leaving the first man that I loved for another.

Happy Father's Day!

2 Comments:

Blogger I am large, I contain multitudes said...

I was thinking of Chase's man-version of the commercial during my brother's graduation yesterday. Stupid five for fighting song.

8:18 PM

 
Blogger mct said...

Chase commercials are the new Hallmark commercials, it seems.

6:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home