"I often wonder what goes on in that head of yours. Every idea must be like one of those bouncy super balls just ricocheting all over the place."

Friday, June 24, 2005

Lincolnshire Lager No More

Two entries in one day. This must be a personal record.

I just got home from a department happy hour at the local micro brewery near work. The happy hour itself was a fun time for everyone to let loose on a Friday afternoon, but the service at the brewery left less than desired. Our Senior VP told us that he was picking up the tab for all of our beers. When the waitress brought me my beer, she asked me whether I was going to pay cash or start a tab. I told her that a tab was already existent for the 5 tables of people who were there. She insisted that there were no open tabs and that I would have to pay cash for the beer. Of course I didn't believe her, but fine, I gave her my money. About twenty minutes later, she came by and said, "Oh somebody has started a tab, so all the following rounds will be on that tab." I'm pretty sure that the tab was always open but that she was just mistaken and unaware of it. And her final statement about someone finally opening a tab was just her way to cover up for her mistake. Because of all her attitude and her insistance on the fact that there was no tab previously opened, I left her no tip. I initially felt bad about it, but quickly got over it. I thought that the customer was always right. Whatever happened to those days?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home