"I often wonder what goes on in that head of yours. Every idea must be like one of those bouncy super balls just ricocheting all over the place."

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

What to Save and What Not to Save?

Amidst my packing frenzy, I've realized that the reason this is taking so long is because I am some sort of odd packrat. With every item that I come across, I have an internal monologue regarding whether or not I should keep it at my parents' house, throw it away, or pack it with me. My most recent monologue was regarding my Mark Prior jersey. Is this something that I should take with me to California? Do I ever even really wear it? Can Mark Prior not suck so much?

And then I came across some old coasters from the hotel I stayed at for my first ever business trip. Nestled amongst the hills in Boulder, the Hotel Boulderado was fabulous. I had a suite room with a king size bed and enough sitting space for a small army. Even better, the hotel newsletter stated that some of the rooms were haunted. All great memories, but do I need the coasters from there? Hmmm...after some hemming and hawing, I decided to throw them away.

Now imagine this process repeated for about 1000 different items in my room. If anyone needs me, I'll be at my parents' house buried under a pile of crap and having some internal monologues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home