"I often wonder what goes on in that head of yours. Every idea must be like one of those bouncy super balls just ricocheting all over the place."

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The First Goodbye

I had dinner with a good friend the other night, and I realized that it was my first goodbye to Chicago. I met L back at my first job when we were fresh-faced college graduates ready to tackle the engineering world. Despite our hopes to conquer the dialysis world, we were both met with the same fate. Over the past 4 years, though, we developed a very close friendship.

My Top Ten Memories of L:
1. L being late to work because a rat had gotten stuck in his engine belt
2. L and I trying out the Orange-Cream flavored Kit Kats and utterly hating them
3. L and I trying the "pork rind-like" snack from the vending machine with the mystery sauce
4. L and I on the hunt for the Mega M&M, and finally realizing that they weren't that mega
5. Watching L's movie and really understanding what it is that makes him tick
6. Borrowing L's copy of The Da Vinci Code and ignoring him everyday at lunch so I could finish reading it
7. L's role in my life as a public library and Netflix
8. Thinking that somebody had made L W-shaped Tater Tots as a special present
9. The picture of L in front of the Mustang he rented on his trip to Delphi
10. The countless hours we spent in the car going to and from Lincolnshire

Saying goodbye to Chicago is going to be harder than I thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home