"I often wonder what goes on in that head of yours. Every idea must be like one of those bouncy super balls just ricocheting all over the place."

Friday, July 14, 2006

Packing Party!!!

I'm sitting here on the floor of my room surrounded by piles of clothes and empty boxes, but I can't seem to make myself start the actual packing process. Instead, I've taken the time to read through old letters and homework, in hopes of parsing out some of the junk.

I think that, subconsciously, I'm afraid to start packing, because then it really means that I'm moving. Don't get me wrong. I'm excited about moving to California, starting school, and living with Law McGraw, but I'm just not ready to say goodbye to Chicago and to my all of my family and friends. Having lived in the Chicago area for the past 25 years, it'll be weird to be 2000 miles away from my parents. We've always had a very close relationship and it'll just be weird to not be able to pop over to their house to have dinner or to discuss random news issues. I've been teaching them how to work most of the electronic gadgets at home, such that they'll still be able to operate them when I'm not around. We're definitely making a lot of progress.

So if anyone wants to, they're more than welcome to come to my house and to help me pack up all my stuff. Any takers?

1 Comments:

Blogger the shrewness said...

darn! i was just in the midwest for vacation!

i wouldve stopped by and helped...

10:11 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home