"I often wonder what goes on in that head of yours. Every idea must be like one of those bouncy super balls just ricocheting all over the place."

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

The Silver Lining

I need to learn to have more faith. Too often, I forget to trust other people and to believe that things will work out on their own. I try to be too controlling sometimes in things that I obviously can't control. This whole b-school application process has been such a learning process, more so than just learning data sufficiency and grammar for the GMATs. I've had the opportunity to reflect on my life experiences and to understand what it is that motivates me and pushes me to become the person that I want to be. I've already had several bumps in the road on this journey, and I'll admit that some of them have broken me down.

But this morning, my spirit was rejuvenated by the sweetest Northwestern administrator I've ever met. Apparently, my transcripts are lost somewhere between Evanston and Northbrook and have been lost for the past 20 days. Fortunately, things are somewhat going right for me and Marissa from the registrar's office said that she would give me new ones for free and that I could go in and pick them up. Oh joy of joys!!!

Although Luke normally calls me the eternal optimist, I've let this whole application process get the best of me. I need to start having that optimistic spirit again. I can't believe that I've lost even before I've started the race. I know that I'm just as competitive of a candidate as all those other investment bankers and consultants out there. All I need to do now is truly believe. I know that I'm tough and this process will not break me down.

The best part of all of this is seeing how much Law McGraw does love me. He has been wonderful in supporting me in this whole process -- from telling silly jokes to make me laugh to stopping by at night just to give me a hug after a rough day. I don't know where I'd be without him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home